Sunday, May 15, 2011

THE BIGGEST, BADDEST LESSON OF ALL

Letting go

Buddha has been whispering in my ear––attachment, appeasement, illusion, longing.

I m p e r m a n e n c e . . . .  remember?


The cutesy note card on my desk tells me to pull up my big-girl panties and get over it.

Even the bullfrog chorus is singing an old Blow Monkeys hit, You Don’t Own Me.


Truth is, though, I’m not really feeling all that Buddhisty about leaving this place.

I know, I know, I really do know.

    It’s not mine. It never was.
    I was lucky to be here for a little while.
    No matter how good, when it’s over, it’s over.
    It’s always going to be a part of me.

Things and ideas are as ephemeral as a dragonfly shadow.
I guess . . . . .



Simple gifts duly noticed




There is considerable comfort in knowing I soaked it all up, never took one minute for granted.







And as advised, I have not avoided the pain of letting go; just schlepped right through it.





A million good reasons to stay~~




And one good reason to go.


















Thanks for blogging with me these past 100 days!


For some absolutely irritating advice on letting go:
http://www.livinglifefully.com/lettinggo.htm

You Don’t Own Me sung by the Blow Monkeys:

2 comments:

  1. bummer - maybe you could continue to post once in awhile? I want updates!
    lkg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Wendy. I will go back and read them all again before the summer is out. Wonderful pictures and thoughtful writing.

    ReplyDelete